How to lose 10 pounds? Losing 10 pounds is no small task! Trying to get rid of it with an express diet is doomed to failure in short to medium term. Here are 10 pro tips for doing it right and not repeat it.
1. Losing 10 pounds, is it the right goal?
2. Before the diet, go to the doctor
3. To lose 10 kilos we go to sport
4. Losing 10 pounds: what you need to find on your plate
5. Cook a minimum to keep the pleasure of eating
6. Diet: pay attention to portions
7. Don’t skip meals
8. Continue to eat with your friends while on the diet
9. To lose 10 kg, be patient
10. Maintain good habits after the diet
To lose 10 kg, be patient.
Losing 10 kilos means getting your breath back, protecting yourself from diabetes, suffering less from your knees or back… .and losing 2 sizes of clothes! But yoyoing weakens your bones and destroys your morale. Also, it is necessary to adopt a sustainable method.
Losing 10 pounds is the right goal?
Losing weight is relatively easy, except when you’ve already been dieting. But to keep a weight for which one is not programmed is an almost impossible mission. Also, it is necessary to set a realistic goal before embarking on a weight loss process.
Losing 10 pounds is a good goal as long as both of the following criteria are met:
· To the nearest 1 or 2 kilos, we weighed 10 kilos less without restricting ourselves excessively.
· The 10 kilos that we want to get rid of have been gained recently, in 1 year or two maximum.
Otherwise, you have to know how to take a step back from the sirens of thinness: it is not given to everyone to have a green bean line, each one having strengths and weaknesses. To see more clearly, seek the advice of your doctor, who will refer you, if necessary, to another health professional, dietitian, nutritionist, or even psychotherapist specializing in eating behavior.
Before the diet, go to the doctor.
Ten kilos is no small thing, and it represents more than 10% of the bodyweight of anyone who weighs less than 100 kilos. Thanks to a clinical examination and a biological assessment (in particular cholesterol, blood sugar ), your doctor will be able to assess the consequences of your overweight on your health and to advise you on desirable weight loss. If he has been following you for several years, he will also be able to help you retrace the history of your weight and thus set the correct weight goal.
It is not confident that it makes you lose weight. For two reasons: If your body mass index (BMI ) is below 25, you are not overweight. And as long as your BMI doesn’t go over 27-28, you could be very healthy. Recent publications in the international scientific literature underline BMI limits, which constitutes a good indicator at the level of a population but not of an individual. In a very recent scientific article, Professor Arnaud Basdevant, professor of nutrition and scientific expert of the French Obesity Plan, explained ” that it is not lawful to impose the same weight reference on everyone, because for the same BMI, the risks for health differ greatly from one individual to another ”
In the end, your doctor may ask you to watch yourself so that you do not gain more weight. An easy challenge to achieve with the following tips!
To lose 10 kilos, we go-to sport.
Until recently, we believed that to lose weight, it was enough to follow a diet. This concept is obsolete since, in more than 90% of cases, two weight loss is followed by weight gain. When it is not combined with physical activity, energy restriction leads to muscle wasting, which implies a decrease in energy need and a greater propensity to store up. A real hellish circle! Profound nutritionists will tell you: to lose weight sustainably, and you have to exercise your muscles.
The BABA when you are sedentary is walking: 30 minutes a day will be your first challenge. There are many tips to achieve this, such as going for small errands on foot, getting off the bus earlier and walking for 1 or 2 stations, going for a walk in the park or the forest on weekends.
Ideally, it should be combined with 1 to 2 weekly sports sessions: cycling, swimming, gymnastics, rowing, dancing, weight training, or any other discipline that pleases you or helps you to relieve stress.
Objective: To increase your muscle mass – this is all the more important if you have already dieted or advanced in age – to increase your energy expenditure. If you have never practiced sport or not for a long time, again, the advice of your doctor will be invaluable, and he may even ask you to take a stress test.
Losing 10 pounds: what you need to find on your plate
While contenting yourself with grated carrots or hake in foil is not a question, you will not lose by eating fries and nuggets exclusively. To stay the course, it is essential always to have enough to compose balanced meals. Noon and evening, plan:
· Of vegetables: salad, soup, green salad or cooked vegetables. Rich in fiber, they are satiating and help to moderate on higher-calorie foods. For the dressings, count one tablespoon of oil (walnut or rapeseed, best sources of omega 3). And in the cooked vegetables, one teaspoon of olive oil or butter (possibly at 41% MG) or one tablespoon of heavy cream at 15% MG.
Meat or fish or eggs or ham: 100g per meal is sufficient as long as you eat it with each meal. Bet on poultry (without the skin), pieces of beef or veal intended for steaks, cutlets or roasts, pork tenderloin. These foods are rich in protein, the intake of which must be slightly increased during weight loss to prevent muscle wasting. All fish and hams are suitable.
· Bread and starchy foods: pasta, rice, potatoes, These foods, for a time banned from diets, are essential for the excellent satiety they provide thanks to their complex carbohydrates. They help not to crack between meals. The richest in fiber, whose carbohydrate energy is released more gradually, are favored: cereal bread, wholegrain, rye, oatmeal, müeslis, brown rice, buckwheat, pulses.
· A dairy product: dairy or cheese. These foods are essential for their calcium and supplement protein intake. Of the recommended 3 daily servings, you can keep a reasonable portion of cheese. For the rest, semi-skimmed milk, cottage cheese with 0 or 3% fat (formerly labeled 20% fat), ordinary plain yogurts, or even 0% sweetened fruit.
· One fruit. Vary according to your tastes and the season by limiting yourself to 3 fruits per day. They provide many antioxidants and supplement the intake of fiber. For berries, cherries, grapes, mirabelle plums…, take care to serve yourself a cup so as not to overdo it.
· Cold meats, fries, pastries, pastries: should not be banned, but their frequency of consumption should be moderate. Depending on your habits, allow yourself, for example, 2 to 3 “extras” per week.
Cook a minimum to keep the pleasure of eating
Preparing meals allows you to choose and measure the fat. We can thus opt for good oils and avoid ingesting too much-saturated fat (palm oil) or omega 6, which promotes fat cells (sunflower oil).
And significantly moderate your calorie intake because 1 tablespoon of oil or 1 teaspoon of butter (10 g) represents 100 kcal. If you can’t spend a lot of time cooking, feel free to whip up soups and ready meals in large quantities and make several ready-to-eat portions that you store in the freezer.
Weight tip: since fat needs to be moderate, use and abuse aromatics, spices, herbs, tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon, and even wine in stewed meats and baked fish (during cooking, the alcohol has time to evaporate).
Diet: pay attention to portions.
Do you feel like you’re eating a balanced diet and you can’t lose weight? It may be that your portions are too large. While everyone has different needs (men usually need more than women), here are a few serving sizes as a guide:
· 1 portion of cheese: 30 to 50 g (1/8 of camembert weighs 30 g).
· 1 serving of meat or fish: 100 to 150 g (1 frozen ground beef weighs 100 g).
· 1 portion of bread at main meals: 30 to 60 g (1/8 to 1/4 of a baguette).
· 1 serving of bread for breakfast: 60 to 80 g (1/4 to 1/3 baguette).
· 1 serving of starchy foods (served with vegetables): 100 to 200 g cooked (3 to 6 tablespoons).
If you eat much more abundantly, reduce your amounts gradually, even if it means exceeding the amounts indicated above for a while.
To not eat beyond your needs, you must stay focused on your meal; in other words, avoid eating while watching TV, reading, or working on the computer. Or, if necessary, prepare a meal tray with the right quantities. Also, try to eat more slowly so that you feel full and stop in time.
Don’t skip meals
Studies contradict each other when it comes to the ideal number of meals per day. Thus, breakfast, classically praised in diets, would not be compulsory for everyone. However, skipping meals can lead to big cravings during the day, with the risk of eating what you have on hand: pastries, chocolate bars, cookies, but rarely tomato salad, or whiting fillet!
So, whatever happens, plan not to miss a meal that you usually eat. At noon, a sandwich may be perfectly suitable as long as it is not drowned in mayonnaise. Complete with an individual soup or a piece of fruit and yogurt or a briquette of milk.
Continue to eat with your friends while on a diet.
No question of not seeing your friends or family during your weight loss, or, almost worse, to bring your diet meal to the loved ones who receive you! The frustration is such that it ends up cracking without control. Nothing prevents you from being cunning by suggesting that you eat Japanese (coleslaw, raw fish, and plain rice, that’s perfect!) Rather than Italian (the 4-cheese pizza should be eaten in moderation).
When you are invited, there is a way not to rush into peanuts by having a light snack just before: soup, hard-boiled egg, a bowl of cottage cheese. You can only help yourself once and enjoy your “jokers,” “the extras you have allowed yourself: cold meats, fatty dishes, pastry. Drink plenty of water and always leave a little wine to avoid being served too much! When a meal has been wealthy despite your efforts to moderate a meal, trust in your appetite. Are you not hungry for the next meal? Lighten it as much as possible: fish or poultry, low-fat vegetables, and dairy products.
To lose 10 kg, be patient.
Obsolete express diets. Don’t try to lose 10 pounds in 1 month! Moreover, you have not gained your 10 kilos in 1 month. The now recommended weight loss is 1 to 2 kilos per month 3 . Do you think that is little? Remember that draconian diets that make you lose weight at high speed disrupt the metabolism and make your resume at the slightest sprain. To encourage yourself, draw your weight curve: as long as it is down, that’s the main thing.
Another important point: do not stress yourself if the weight stagnates for 2 to 3 weeks when you have not changed your meals and exercised usually. You have probably reached a previously weighed level that the body has memorized. If you continue your efforts, weight loss will inevitably resume (unless you have set an unrealistic goal).
Maintain good habits after the diet
Have you arrived at your healthy weight? The exact causes reproducing the same effects; to keep it, there is no other solution than to perpetuate your new good habits. Keep moving, especially since your weight loss will most likely allow you to progress in your workouts. And stay focused on balance, which doesn’t stop you from indulging in more decadent dishes or sweeter desserts when the opportunity arises. In order not to fail in the long term, if you feel the need, get the support of a health professional!