Is sport a part of your life? Do you want to change your body, test your capabilities, master new techniques or try something new? To this should be added the significant consumption of calories during training – thanks to this, sports can be called an ideal tool for losing weight. But which species requires more energy? which sports burn calories.
Energy consumption and sports burn calories: what you need to know
Although we have prepared an overview of what kind of sport burns calories, it can still happen that your girlfriend spends more calories than you, even if you do the same thing. Calorie expenditure during exercise depends on many other factors:
- Genetics. Unfortunately, it is impossible to change it, but its role is not so significant.
- Metabolism is largely determined genetically, but it is possible to accelerate it.
- Height, weight, proportion of muscle and fat mass. The bigger and heavier you are, the more calories you burn during exercise and in everyday life. If there is a lot of muscle and little fat, then the calorie consumption is also quite high.
- The intensity of the load. The harder the workout, the higher the calorie burn – it makes sense.
- Duration : The longer you practice, the more you spend.
- Environmental factors. These include, for example, air temperature. If it is hot or cold around, the body spends extra energy on warming up or cooling down. If you train outdoors, then you have to overcome the resistance of the headwind, run on uneven ground or up. All this increases energy consumption.
And one more thing: when you compare yourself to someone, your motivation is destroyed. Even if you objectively have the same conditions – the same size, the same weight, even a sports course – you will still act on your own and do the individual exercises in your own way. So focus only on your result and don’t look back at others.
How to calculate calorie consumption during exercise?
To better assess whether the sport meets your goals, whether you need burn more calories or change your diet, you should think about basic metabolism , overall performance and daily energy balance. In the meantime, consider the most energy-consuming sports.
Average values are given for a person weighing 80 kilograms per 30 minutes of class.
- Fast running (12 km / h) – 600 calories. It’s far from the most popular sport, but running fast is one of the best calorie killers. But their consumption largely depends on the experience and intensity of running.
- Squash – 480 calories One court, one ball and one racket – but almost 500 calories less in half an hour. Squash with your buddies is a double pleasure.
- Boxing – 400 calories. Have you ever done real boxing? It seems that standing still and hitting forward is not so difficult, but these actions, which seem primitive at first glance, require as much as 400 calories in half an hour!
- Swimming – 360 calories. The calorie intake while swimming is easy to see. Not surprisingly, some people practice in the evening or very early in the morning. Swimming is especially recommended as a morning exercise – it will energize you for the whole day.
- Mountain Biking – 325 calories You just need a good bike! An essential plus of mountain biking is being outdoors and getting your vitamin D through sunlight.
- Basketball – 315 calories Gather a group of friends, put your smartphones aside and play a wonderful team game – basketball. The more often you play, the slimmer your figures will become!
- Football – 308 calories. The same is true for football. Surely there is a free playground nearby or at least a vacant lot. Just don’t try to reward yourself with beer after a successful game!
- Bouldering – 290 calories Do you want something new and unusual? Start climbing the heights! Bouldering is a great full-body workout and is just a fashion trend.
- Strength Training & Bodybuilding – 250 Calories It makes sense that the body expends a lot of energy during exercise with iron.
- High Interval Workout – 450 calories Although it is short, the effectiveness is very significant.
- Exercise – 400 calories You don’t always need iron for exercise, sometimes your own weight is enough. It can be called ideal for the load and always available.
- CrossFit – 390 calories This is a very easy way to train your whole body and burn almost 400 calories in half an hour.
- Indoor cycling – 380 calories You move on the spot, but this does not mean the ease of the exercise. 800 calories per hour is a very significant number.
- Circuit Workout – 290 calories. With its help, you improve your body in several ways – strength, speed, duration and mobility.
- Jazz Dance – 240 calories Dancing to music, losing calories – what could be more enjoyable? And being in a group additionally motivates you to lose weight.
- Power yoga – 155 calories Does Calm Yoga Help You Lose Weight? Yes, especially if it’s a power look. She also accelerates metabolism and strengthens muscles.